My research for setting my dream free. I will sell my crochet projects and bring in enough money to save. I like to travel, not be stressed about a bill, and to stop working so hard with no enjoyment in it. I also don’t want to be working until I am dead, because I have nothing saved for when I can barely walk.
- https://www.fundera.com/blog/etsy-alternatives – I was wondering if there were other sites like Etsy.com that could be better. I got my answer. The other site had some good and a lot of bad that kept me turning back to Etsy. Although Etsy cost a little more and I may not be able to break even, it still seems like the best of them all. (6/20/2021)
- https://articles.bplans.com/4-mistakes-that-will-tank-your-etsy-store/ (6/22/2021) – Check List: 1. Take clear pictures. White background was suggested, but I feel that is a little too impersonal . I do agree pictures should be clear and items displayed up front. 2. Describe items with heart, but not too long. Ex. Wrong – A light blue baby blanket with its size. Right – A multi colors & design baby blue crochet blanket. Esty offers a guide to give you better ideas on what to say and you can even look at others who have had success with their site. 3. In order to sell your product people have to find you. Your words have to stand out for others and it goes beyond just having an etsy acc. You have to promote your items from a blog to even a facebook page. (some has gone on youtube and maybe one day I will join them, but NOT right now) Etsy also has a guide where they will help you not only to understand how ESO works, but help you use it to build your site. 4. You have to have a good niche, because there are others who are selling the same items as you are. How are you going to stand out and how are you going to get people to see and buy your items over someone else’s. Plus you need to do as much research as you can not only with the site that you are going to be working with, but on how others are working their site, and make a plan on every detail before you get started. This was most helpful and I can’t wait to get started on my list.
- https://www.dollarbreak.com/etsy-review/ (6/22/2021) – This site didn’t tell me anything new other than ‘Big Cartel’, which is another online site where you can sell handmade items. That was only an outlook, so it’s time to go to the next step, because Etsy may be good for promoting crafty ideas, but they charge for every little thing.
In the end I couldn’t even get anything other than pictures, prices on BigCartel.com, so I am going to leave this alone. I clicked on etsy and crochet items came up quickly.
- https://cedcommerce.com/blog/is-selling-on-etsy-worth-it (6/22/2021) – Nothing new….
- https://www.forafinancial.com/blog/industries-we-serve/pros-cons-starting-etsy-store/ (6/22/2021) – Pointed out how much money etsy wants from posting on their site to the cost of each sale every 4 months. It was also stated that one should have a lot of items already made just in case more than 1 person wants to buy the same item.
I almost forgot about youtube. I can have someone answer my questions about Etsy as I continue to work on my multi color V project.
- https://youtu.be/JtjcEJqmAnE – WALES IS ETSY WORTH IT IN 2021? WHAT ARE THE PROS AND CONS OF STARTING AN ETSY SHOP IN Jan 20, 2021?
The Eco Tree – Is Etsy worth it in 2021? What are the pros and cons of starting an ETSY shop in 2021? Is it good to sell on or is it too saturated? (6/22/2021) was the BEST info I got today so far…
- https://youtu.be/TdjkcaF7Ec0 My ETSY SHOP JOURNEY/ why I closed the shop • Apr 7, 2021 The Eco Tree My Etsy shop journey, why I closed the shop and when it will reopen. (6/22/2021)
- https://youtu.be/TF3OCa6-8nw Etsy Banned My Account// Why I left Etsy… (New WEBSITE LAUNCH!!!) (6/22/2021) wow – I REALLY wouldn’t want this to happen to me, for I have VERY little money, and for a company to just close your acc without giving you your money back is a big no-no!
I was trying to add at least 5 videos so I could get a better idea on Etsy, but it’s way too much trouble. Then again it is after 12pm and I haven’t had a chance to get a cup of coffee. I am also sad I missed service today (well, since it is online I will click on it later.)
Even though I wasn’t supposed to go through each post in one day, so I can have a clear thought on each one. I couldn’t stop, because I want to know if I can actually sell my crochet projects.
I also realized why I started my website. I didn’t want to just sell items I already made, but make items people may want. Yes, it may take up to two months or less to make, (depending on what it is they want & if I have the yarn to make it) but it would be more personal.
I really don’t like being in a crowd. Someone who has to fight and scream to be noticed. The question I am asking myself is: How much would it cost to get my website up & running properly as well as my blog?
I want to create and I want to do it my way. That may be the wrong attitude, but it is how I am feeling. It is just like working a dead end job, with NO HOPE FOR A FUTURE, (which is what I am doing right now. Yes I am grateful for a job, but as a female over 50) I WANT MORE!!
I am ready to Fight for MORE!!!!
Bye IV Now, LD*